The Perio Protect Annual Meeting is designed to benefit dentists and their office teams with a combination of scientific discoveries, practical implementation, case study applications, insurance tips, and patient presentation skills. Attend PerioProtect2018 to equip and energize your team, help your patients, and boost your practice.
JOIN US MARCH 16-17, 2018
Green Valley Ranch, Las Vegas
The annual meeting is the best, most comprehensive Perio Protect seminar offered. If you’ve already implemented prescription Perio Trays® into your protocols, this meeting can help you take the therapy to the next level for healthier patients and a healthier practice. If you’ve never attended one of our training programs, this is the best one because you get so much interaction with other doctors and teams who have Perio Protect experience.
- Research-based Rx tray protocols and patient candidate selection. Ideal for new prescribers.
- Goals and practices for even more successful hygiene departments.
- Advanced uses of Rx tray therapy for new and experienced providers.
- A healthy competition for all in the search for a great Rx tray impression.
10:00-11:30 Tanya Dunlap PhD | Rx Tray Therapy Overview for New Providers: Research Based Protocols
This refresher of the Perio Protect Method® provides practical recommendations for tray usage based on the scientific data. It is a great overview to get started or enhance your practice.
- Understand two general treatment protocols for prescription tray therapy.
- Evaluate research data supporting prescription tray therapy to understand the benefits and limitation of the therapy.
- Identify appropriate patient candidates for prescription tray therapy.
Tanya Dunlap, PhD is the Managing Director at Perio Protect LLC. She serves as the liaison between researchers, editors, key opinion leaders, and practicing dentists and hygienists. She also offers educational content on the important implications of research results to dental professionals and patients.
11:30-1:00 Break for Lunch (not provided)
- This lunch is not provided, so please plan accordingly.
1:00-2:30 Kim Miller RDH | Profitable Healing Hygiene
- Apply your understanding of the inflammatory links to periodontal disease.
- Adopt realistic goals for a Profitable Hygiene Department!
- Increase effective communication for early intervention, better compliance & case acceptance.
Kim Miller RDH, speaks across North America for national and state meetings as well as study clubs and component meetings. Her experience and passion for dentistry are recognized by attendees who walk away with information they can apply the very next business day. Come hear her thought provoking treatment philosophies that will result in exceptional treatment outcomes, healthier patients, and happier, more satisfied clinicians.
2:30-3:00 | PM Break
3:00-4:00 Duane Keller DMD | The Next Level: Bone Loss, Implants, Wound Management
Treating periodontal disease with Rx tray therapy is a breakthrough in dental care, but there is more for you. Dr. Duane Keller pioneered biofilm management with Rx tray therapy and has successfully used the custom trays to treat bone loss and infected implants. He also developed protocols for periodontal treatment that align with the American Medical Association’s guide for wound management. You can do so much good for patients. Attend his lecture to find out what is possible in the next level.
- Discover medication and protocols to treat bone loss
- Understand how and why to incorporate Rx tray delivery into surgery and implant protocols for long-lasting health
- How to align your practice with AMA wound management guidelines
Duane C. Keller, DMD is the President and Chief Scientific Officer at Perio Protect LLC, the company he founded in 2005. A graduate from Washington University School of Dental Medicine in 1976, Duane maintains a successful private practice in St. Louis, MO with an emphasis on TMD patients in chronic pain. He has presented hundreds of CE courses in twenty-five years and has published more than 35 articles in professional journals. Duane has also patented dental appliances and treatment methodologies and received clearance from the FDA for his Perio Tray® medicament carrier in 2004.
4:00-5:00 Daniel J. Parrilli, MBA, FADFE | Team Competition: Who Takes the Best Impression?
Join the competition or watch with interest as teams battle it out to take the best putty/light wash impression. Dan Parilli reviews the technique then sets you free to test it out! Join the fun and learn why specific details of impressions are so important to Rx tray fabrication.
- Differentiate alginates, alginate substitutes, PVS, and putty/wash systems
- Identify the common pitfalls with impression techniques
- Learn how to take a fool-proof impression for Rx trays
Dan Parrilli, MBA, FADFE, is the General Manager for Kettenbach in North America. He has decades of experience in dentistry and is an authority on impression materials. Kettenbach has generously donated the supplies for this competition.
SATURDAY, MARCH 17, 2018
- KEYNOTE: Physicians are taking note on the importance of dental care. What to tell your patients that will motivate them to take gum disease seriously
- KEYNOTE: What the dental team should know and tell patients about oral and arterial health
- Round-table panel of Perio Protect providers discuss their success with Rx trays
7:30-9:00A.M. | BREAKFAST
9:00-10:00 | KEYNOTE: Chip Whitney MD | Inspiring Your Patients to Action: What you can confidently tell them about the oral systemic links
Hear the latest and most significant connections between oral health and systemic health. Leave this meeting fired up about what you can and should tell patients as their health providers. You’ll have renewed confidence in your importance and value to patients.
- Understand why dental professionals should work closely with physicians
- Learn the benefits of periodontal treatment for patients with systemic illnesses
- Review the current research on oral/systemic links that would interest physicians
Charles Whitney, M.D. is double board certified in Family Medicine and Sports Medicine. He graduated from Jefferson Medical College in Philadelphia and completed his family practice residency at David Grant USAF Medical Center. He served as a physician in the United States Air Force before joining the University of Pennsylvania Health System, where he established his Concierge medical practice, Revolutionary Health Services, in 2003.
A leading national advocate of bridging the “oral-systemic gap” between dentistry and medicine, Dr. Whitney has been published in large-circulation dental journals, including Dentistry Today, Dentaltown, Journal of Cosmetic Dentistry, DentistryIQ.com and Dentalcompare.com. In medicine, Dr. Whitney served on the Board of Directors of the American Academy of Private Physicians, the national trade organization of Concierge practices from 2007-2013, and was Vice-president during his final year.
10:00-10:20 | BREAK
10:20-12:20 | KEYNOTE: Gary Kadi | Mission Possible: Doing Well by Doing Good
Good health improves our quality of life and the dental team is an important part of any patient’s healthy baseline. Learn the steps to help patients understand and accept treatment they need for healthier living. You can increase case acceptance and patient compliance when you empower your team with excellent communication skills. This presentation highlights ways to communicate to patients and to your team so that they hear and understand the importance of treatment.
AT THE CONCLUSION OF THE PRESENTATION YOU WILL KNOW:
- The 5 steps to increasing case acceptance and patient compliance
- How to get patients excited about dental care as an important part of enhancing the quality of their life and practice
- How to modify your communication approach to turn force, manipulation or persuasion into patient education and empowerment.
Speaker, author and researcher Gary Kadi re-energizes and interrupts the status quo to help dentists implement systems and raise their profit margins. In 2008 while watching the first “Hangover” movie and hearing the line “You’re not a doctor, you’re a dentist,” he then discovered his life’s mission of “altering America’s health by transforming the way the public relates to dentistry.” He created NextLevel Practice to implement the Complete Health Dentistry™ business model, and he is inspired everyday by the courage and personal successes of dentists and team members with whom he has the privilege of working and getting to know.